Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 18th, 2024, 5:53pm
Quote: I almost had a psychic girlfriend, ..... but she left me before we met.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BAS (Read 4644 times)
Pro-Spark
GDPR opt-out

BAS
Apr 9th, 2004, 2:14pm

Hi B A S

Some time ago you posted that you had got a Robin DMM from ebay and that you had sent the registration paperwork off, did you have any come back from Robin and is it still working LOL

Tony

IP Logged

rabbit_rabbit
GDPR opt-out

Re: BAS
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2004, 5:11pm

Hi Tony

I 'won' a Robin Loop Impedance Tester on eBay, it was described as hardly used and I got it for £260 instead of the usual near £450+.

It arrived in its original box, with Certificate and Registration card whcih I sent to Robin and heard nothing adverse. It was actually brand new not a sctarch or mark on it and the Certificate was good for nearly a year (before it need recal). Best thing I have ever got off eBay.

No comeback at all ..

Sorry Tony I know ya message was not targeted at me but thought I would butt in!!

Ray

IP Logged

ban-all-sheds
GDPR opt-out

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2004, 8:44am

[quote author=Pro-Spark  link=1081516621/0#0 date=1081516479].... did you have any come back from Robin and is it still working [/quote]

Well....   No and Yes.... Undecided

IP Logged

ban-all-sheds
GDPR opt-out

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2004, 8:56am

[quote author=rabbit_rabbit  link=1081516621/0#1 date=1081527062]I 'won' a Robin Loop Impedance Tester on eBay, it was described as hardly used and I got it for £260 instead of the usual near £450+....It was actually brand new not a sctarch or mark on it and the Certificate was good for nearly a year (before it need recal). Best thing I have ever got off eBay. [/quote]

Yo.   People are often v.suspicious of eBay, but my experience has been nothing but good in any way that matters.   Sellers often have a valid reason for unloading an item that isn't "cos it's ****ed", and when you're buying something as well made as Robin, you stand an extremely good chance of getting a bargain.  Provided you factor in the cost of recalibration/adjustment if necessary, it's hard to see where you can go wrong unless the seller is an out-and-out thief.

I predict a few more bargains in test gear after Jan 2005, but I still think I did well to pick up a complete set of Telaris instruments for under £200 last year.   No calibration certificate, but they're in perfect condition (a couple still had the protective film over the display), and appear to work OK.

I'd recommend eBay to anybody.

IP Logged

rabbit_rabbit
GDPR opt-out

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2004, 9:13am

Have to agree 100% wiv ya BAS. I have purchased quite a lot, mainly tools (SDS bits and pieces) off eBay auction - not one problem all excellent stuff. I do know ppl who have been purchasing from the USA, coz of the weak Dollar at the moment and have had problems (none delivery etc.)

RR

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print