Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 29th, 2024, 2:22am
Quote: A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Starting Buisness (Read 6784 times)
maintenance_man
GDPR opt-out

Starting Buisness
Apr 13th, 2004, 12:28am

Hope someone can help,

Ive been a maintenance spark in heavy industry for the past 16 year since apprenticeship. In this time have always done work work for mates, etc  (domestic installations) I am now thinking of packing in work and going it alone, although i have 2391, I lack experience in design is this the forum to help.  ???
Also is the c&g 2400 course worthwhile doing ???

IP Logged

securespark
Trade Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Trade: Not Specified

Re: Starting Buisness
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2004, 3:59am

The course to go for if you want to be a "domestic" spark is the C & G 2360.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

The_Trician
Trade Member

Total Thanks: 8

Trade: Electrician

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2004, 5:43pm

C&G 2400 is a good one to have if you can find a place to run it.
Having followed the same route as you have from Industry, I did 2381 &2391 last year. I asked about the 2400 but they said they didn't have enough bums on seats to run it.
2400 is a minimum for Qualifying Manager status in the likes of the NICEIC. Its also a good point in your favour shoul;d you decide to go into another branch of electrical work.
I wouldn't have thought that you'd need to go backwards to do 2360 parts one and two - you are already too far ahead for that.

Thats the trouble with a colostomy - you can never find the shoes to match the bag.......
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Pro-Spark
Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2004, 5:57pm

C&G 2400 is'nt needed for qualifying manager now , They did require it a few years ago but so few people were passing it I think they had to drop it, Just require 2381 and 2391 + experience and two years supervisory

Tony

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

The_Trician
Trade Member

Total Thanks: 8

Trade: Electrician

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2004, 4:04pm

Told you I wasn't NICEIC Smiley I would have known that otherwise!!!
Looks like Part Poo is going down the pan slowly - not holding my breath though. Just been reading April's PE articles. Nice one about welly boot inspectors!

Thats the trouble with a colostomy - you can never find the shoes to match the bag.......
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

HM

Chief Turd Polisher

Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2004, 7:23am

[quote author=The_Trician  link=1081812483/0#4 date=1082041483]Told you I wasn't NICEIC Smiley I would have known that otherwise!!!
Looks like Part Poo is going down the pan slowly - not holding my breath though. Just been reading April's PE articles. Nice one about welly boot inspectors! [/quote]

I guess you must be referring to an electrical magazine for the industry. As I'm not a bona-fide time-served electrician I probably don't qualify for being on the distribution list.

However just in case I could get on this list do you have any contact information or a web site address please?

Andrew

If you aren't always sure of the right answer don't take up a career in the bomb squad
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Jon
Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2004, 8:34pm

I guess you must be referring to an electrical magazine for the industry. As I'm not a bona-fide time-served electrician I probably don't qualify for being on the distribution list.

The magazine is called Professional Electrican and is available from builders merchants etc. for free. I don't think it's got a distribution list.

Jon, the man for all reasons

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

HM

Chief Turd Polisher

Reply #7 - Apr 17th, 2004, 9:42pm

Thanks Jon. A trip to a local merchant is in order.....

Andrew

If you aren't always sure of the right answer don't take up a career in the bomb squad
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

tellondon
Reply #8 - Apr 26th, 2004, 6:34pm

Most Electrical wholesalers stock PE as well handymac

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print