Quote: If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Missed out?? (Read 1747 times)
Dewy
GDPR opt-out

Missed out??
May 29th, 2004, 4:10am

A year ago a lady friend in Michigan asked me to go out for a visit & do a complete makeover of her kitchen. She said the prices for decent kitchen cupboards would make it worth her paying my fair. When I said that I would need a full workshop of tools to make the units, she said her garage was big enough to use. It is 40' wide x 60' long & she lives out in the country miles from any town.
There was me worrying about the cost to her yet she has since come into a nice tidy sum. She is a nursing practitioner who has almost the credentials of a doctor there & is called 'doctor' at the hospital. She visited a friend over the Canadian border just after doing her shopping. A tub or carpet freshener spilled in the boot & the customs held her on suspected drug use even though she can legally carry & prescribe drugs. She was forced to strip by 2 male officers who refused to allow her to have a woman do the search. She was internally searched & left naked til someone came to take her home. When she composed herself a bit, she sought advice & was told to get her lawyer to get the video tape before it was deleted. She was going to sue for 1 million dollars but her lawyer raised her claim to $19 million. The American government decided to settle out of court rather than be pilloried in the press. She has since fully qualified as a doctor after 17 years nursing. It couldn't have happened to a more caring wothwhile person.
Just think. If I had taken her up on her offer, I could have had a Unisaw then had it shipped home after finishing the kitchen. hehe

IP Logged

woodsmith
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 135
For This Post: 0

Trade: Joiner

Re: Missed out??
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2004, 11:00am

I hate these no win no fee soliciting firms, having recently been "done" by one. But your friend got all she deserved, I hope the officers involved went to jail.

Still if you had gone over there, you may well have not come back. Wink

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print