Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 19th, 2024, 8:46pm
Quote: Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hotpoint integrated fridge (Read 2234 times)
John@KC

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Hotpoint integrated fridge
Nov 13th, 2004, 4:02pm

Just taken delivery of Hotpoint HT232i , the installation instructions are scant to say the least, paticularly the method of connecting the fridge door to the housing door using the slider brackets provided.

I presume that one has to drill the fridge door and connect the small bracket using self tappers?.

I wonder if any of you chaps have experience of this model or anything similar.
Very grateful for any advice.

Thanks

John

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

JerryD
Re: Hotpoint integrated fridge
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2004, 5:02pm

The ones I've fitted have had the holes pre drilled in the door so you know that's what you should do.  Others have used very strong contact type adhesive pads to secure the bracket to the fridge door.

Seems strange they don't indicate what is required?

I assume the type you have are the two piece, where one (the slider) is screwed to the cupboard door and the other (the bracket) is fixed to the fridge door?

The other type I have come across actually have the cupboard door rigid fixed to the fridge door with no hinges on the cupboard door at all.  The fridge door has special 'reflex' type hinges to throw the door away from the carcass when opening the fridge.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

John@KC

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Re: Hotpoint integrated fridge
Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2004, 5:53pm

Problem solved ( I hope).  Got on to Hotpoint today, a small number of the appliances have been sent out without  the bracket holes being drilled in the door, just my luck to get one of them.

They will replace of course !!

Thanks again for the help

John

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print