Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 20th, 2024, 12:40pm
Quote: Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying - Arthur C. Clarke

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rewire house (Read 2134 times)
sucker69

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Rewire house
Jan 10th, 2005, 8:16pm

I would be grateful to hear from a short list of competent electricians in north london Enfield area that could carry out the following work:

1. rewire 3 bed property which is unoccupied
2. new 20 way consumer unit
3. approx 35 sockets/25 lights
4. cables chased into wall
5. provide meter box in order to house meter being moved from internal to external.

Obviously at a competitive price and provide me with the essential NIC certificate in compliance with part P.

Thanks

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

LSpark
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 3

London, UK, United Kingdom
London, UK
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: Rewire house
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2005, 9:02pm

[quote author=sucker69  link=1105388197/0#0 date=1105388197]I would be grateful to hear from a short list of competent electricians in north london Enfield area that could carry out the following work:

1. rewire 3 bed property which is unoccupied
2. new 20 way consumer unit
3. approx 35 sockets/25 lights
4. cables chased into wall
5. provide meter box in order to house meter being moved from internal to external.

Obviously at a competitive price and provide me with the essential NIC certificate in compliance with part P.

Thanks [/quote]

You don't need an NIC certificate to comply with part-p, any electrical certificate from a person who's registered with a self-certification scheme will comply.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

BigT
Trade Member

sh*t Happens

Total Thanks: 0

Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2005, 2:32am

Here Here L.sparky

to add to that sparky the NICEIC state that their members cannot use NICEIC certificates to certify other peoples work, so if an NICEIC company checks your work, they will be giving a periodic report which is not a completion certificate. That is why my council has joined the NICEIC and probably all other councils, cheaper than employing a Part P scheme member.

see my earlier posting.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

LSpark
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 3

London, UK, United Kingdom
London, UK
United Kingdom

Reply #3 - Jan 17th, 2005, 10:47am

[quote author=BigT  link=1105388197/0#2 date=1105929144]to add to that sparky the NICEIC state that their members cannot use NICEIC certificates to certify other peoples work, so if an NICEIC company checks your work, they will be giving a periodic report which is not a completion certificate [/quote]

I know  Roll Eyes

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print