Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 28th, 2024, 1:11pm
Quote: They begin the evening news with 'Good Evening' - Then proceed to tell you why it isn't

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What's the best to use? (Read 1612 times)
The_Trician
Trade Member

Total Thanks: 8
For This Post: 0

Trade: Electrician

What's the best to use?
Nov 24th, 2004, 2:24pm

Hi guys,
Problem - new wastes for toilet and handbasin had to be altered slightly where they exit thru O/S wall, so I am now left with gaps around both PVC pipes.
Now, the wall is brick, with dot & dab insulated plaster board which has a thin skim to finish off.

I can't plaster, I won't plaster, I don't even do it for my customers!

So, is there any kind of filler which is flexible enough to be easily applied and finished, but goes as hard as plaster after it's 'gone off'?

All the fillers I've seen and used so far never seem to set completely, which is a pain when you come to sand back, because they just clog the sanding pad and you end up with a rougher job than you began with.

What's the best stuff to use?

TT

Thats the trouble with a colostomy - you can never find the shoes to match the bag.......
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

HM

Chief Turd Polisher

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Re: What's the best to use?
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2004, 3:05pm

For smallish gaps something like gripfill will go hard enough. Larger gaps would need some sort of expanding foam.

What I'd do is squirt some of this stuff in the hole(s), leaving a gap to fill on the surface using polyfilla or similar.

Andrew

If you aren't always sure of the right answer don't take up a career in the bomb squad
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print