Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 19th, 2024, 6:54am
Quote: The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax - Albert Einstein

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fair Price for Rendering? (Read 2715 times)
nix

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Fair Price for Rendering?
Nov 26th, 2004, 1:15pm

Hello all.

Was hoping you may be able to give me a little advice as to a quote I have been given to re-render the front of my house. Its a three storey townhouse, maybe 5m x 9m and to hack off, re-render and paint I have been quoted £2300 plus vat. This includes the cost of scaffold which is being shared with the neighbour (supposedly). The neighbours house is being turned into flats and they are starting the rendering next week, but the builders only gave us the quote yesterday  Roll Eyes, so we don't have much time to get others round.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!
Cheers, Nix

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

nix

Re: Fair Price for Rendering?
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2004, 1:16pm

Oops, forgot to mention we are in the Midlands. Cheers.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Robbo
Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2004, 6:06pm

sounds a reasonable price to me providing it is done correctly. Going rate as of a couple of years ago was around the £20 per sq mtr mark (I am no longer in England so have lost track of current rates somewhat)
So at three storys.....a lot of humping, scaffold and all it sounds o.k.
Ensure there is a good scratch coat applied a high quality "SPONGE" finish, plastic or stainless beads to window reveals and absolutely not the regular galvanised as they will rot in time.
Waterproofer added to final finish coat and preferably a plasterers sand which is courser than regular building sand and far hardier, a kind of cross between sharp and building sand. Sandtex paint is the best outdoors i.m.o.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

nix

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2004, 9:13am

Thanks Robbo, much appreciated!

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print