Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 20th, 2024, 9:28am
Quote: If you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
doesn't any one (Read 6097 times)
sailfishoney
GDPR opt-out

doesn't any one
Dec 30th, 2005, 4:12am

need help in this department like tiling?? painting??decorating?? come on ask some tough questions so we can keep our minds sharp. lol
The other day I did a job and use glitter grout. It was in a bar with lots of lights. It turned out awesome. I am going there new years eve. I will get photos of the sparkly job and me in a sparkley dress. Stay tuned.lol
That sounds funny ...a tile setter in a dress. Well if this don't sparkly up this section nothing will. lmao

IP Logged

hammy
Trade Member

Deep joy

Total Thanks: 8
For This Post: 0

Trade: Decorator

Re: doesn't any one
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2005, 10:47am

I know a tiler who wears a dress, his name is Brian.  Lips Sealed

Deep joy
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

JerryD
Reply #2 - Dec 30th, 2005, 2:54pm

I wear a bra, but only since wifey found it in the back of my van  8)

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

TIMBA-WOLF
Board Moderator

Timba-Wolf..... Var@*sh,
should be banned!!

Total Thanks: 15

KENT,(under a tree!!!!), United Kingdom
KENT,(under a tree!!!!)
United Kingdom

Trade: Joiner

Reply #3 - Dec 30th, 2005, 3:01pm

you just had to lower the tone on this here forum, didn't ya Hammy!!!!

as it happens SFH, my dear, a couple of trades people i ALWAYS use are ladies(in the broadest sense im afraid for Stevie!!)... Stevie, is my painter and decorater, and damned good at gloss work, especially on the ol' sash windows, trouble is she does like a beer on a friday with the "lads" as she puts it!, i also use a welder called Jane for any fabrication work, now she is ace on STAINLESS!! better than any bloke i know for it!!!

now then talking about tiling SFH, i will have to look at doing a floor soon for someone i know, and it has self leveling latex. put down over the original fully glued down lino covering, then some one just laided new lino on the set latex mix!!!! (loose lay) will i have to take up the latex and original floor covering!!!!
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2005, 3:01pm by TIMBA-WOLF »  

AS HONEST AND LOYAL AS THE TIMBER-WOLF. --VAR@*SH, DON'T YOU SWEAR AT ME!! PAL!!&&I DON'T SUFFER FROM INSANITY- I DAMNED WELL ENJOY IT!!!!!
Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

jasonB
Reply #4 - Dec 31st, 2005, 7:21pm

I'm sure we would all rather see you out of the dress than in it Wink

Wolf, (assume we are talking solid ground floor)provided the original lino was/is firmly stuck and the selfleveler is bonded well to it then there should be no need to lift the lot, I would be tempted to use a flexible adhesive just incase there is any slight movement , for the extra few quid it's better to be safe.

Jason

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

TIMBA-WOLF
Board Moderator

Timba-Wolf..... Var@*sh,
should be banned!!

Total Thanks: 15

KENT,(under a tree!!!!), United Kingdom
KENT,(under a tree!!!!)
United Kingdom

Trade: Joiner

Reply #5 - Dec 31st, 2005, 8:01pm

Hi dear chap, that's exactly what i thought, thanks, can now print this off and give it to my client!!!, strange person, loves getting info from MATES, and telling me how to do my job!!!  like a teacher of french, advised her how to stain , PRE-OILED cill's i'd installed!!!
it was at this point i threatened to walk off the job, but her hubby (an old school chum!!) begged me to continue after xmas break!!.. however i digress....

the floor is a solid 10" concrete slab, well conc, then screed,poly etc!! it ain't ever gonna move!!!, but , it had a solid lino covering years ago that got tatty at the edges!! along comes BOD, smears about 3-4mm self levelling latex upon the floor, and then just loose lays new floor covering, sticking it to floor under neath the kick plinths!! and the threashold piece, ..
so anyway i will let her read this, get a bag or 2 of the ol' flexy stuff, and away we go!!!

and SFH, i am awaiting to see these photo's that you promised earlier on in this here posting,
i wanna see if a tiler in a  bib n brace, is bettered by a  tiler in a dress(sparkly one too!!
well have a nice evening my dear!!!!!

AS HONEST AND LOYAL AS THE TIMBER-WOLF. --VAR@*SH, DON'T YOU SWEAR AT ME!! PAL!!&&I DON'T SUFFER FROM INSANITY- I DAMNED WELL ENJOY IT!!!!!
IP Logged

sparkyjonny
Reply #6 - Jan 4th, 2006, 8:56pm

You can smell the testosterone!  Roll Eyes

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

sailfishoney
Reply #7 - Jan 12th, 2006, 10:24am

[quote author=WOLF  link=1135915954/0#5 date=1136059285]Hi dear chap, that's exactly what i thought, thanks, can now print this off and give it to my client!!!, strange person, loves getting info from MATES, and telling me how to do my job!!!  like a teacher of french, advised her how to stain , PRE-OILED cill's i'd installed!!!
it was at this point i threatened to walk off the job, but her hubby (an old school chum!!) begged me to continue after xmas break!!.. however i digress....

the floor is a solid 10" concrete slab, well conc, then screed,poly etc!! it ain't ever gonna move!!!, but , it had a solid lino covering years ago that got tatty at the edges!! along comes BOD, smears about 3-4mm self levelling latex upon the floor, and then just loose lays new floor covering, sticking it to floor under neath the kick plinths!! and the threashold piece, ..
so anyway i will let her read this, get a bag or 2 of the ol' flexy stuff, and away we go!!!

and SFH, i am awaiting to see these photo's that you promised earlier on in this here posting,
i wanna see if a tiler in a  bib n brace, is bettered by a  tiler in a dress(sparkly one too!!
well have a nice evening my dear!!!!! [/quote] even if the photo turned out x rated.lol  dont cha worry, I get ya you photo. lol send me your email lol

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

hammy
Trade Member

Deep joy

Total Thanks: 8

Trade: Decorator

Reply #8 - Jan 12th, 2006, 12:36pm

And me, and me!  Shocked

Deep joy
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lurch
Reply #9 - Jan 12th, 2006, 7:52pm

on the forum, on the forum........

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

billythekid
Trade Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Total Thanks: 0

Trade: Plumber

Reply #10 - Jan 12th, 2006, 8:10pm

yeah wtf, on the forum why does wolfie get special treatment.

I'm the "spe-shull" one!

btk

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

scotspark
Trade Member

mmmmm it's gonna cost
you!!

Total Thanks: 10

scotland, Scotland
scotland
Scotland

Trade: Electrician

Reply #11 - Jan 12th, 2006, 11:00pm

yeah come on SFH

we are all waiting Smiley Wink

brown to red and blue to f****&&&&ommited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print