Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 29th, 2024, 9:40am
Quote: Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cooker Hoods (Read 11377 times)
Digger
GDPR opt-out

Cooker Hoods
Jan 28th, 2008, 2:28pm

Please can someone help with a cooker hood? I would like to install a range cooker into a chimney breast, and insert a cooker hood inside the chimney breast so it is not visible. The chimney breast is clear to the top. What I would like to know is what sort of cooker hood could I buy, would I need to put an extraction duct all the way to the top of the chimney or should I just buy a recirculating hood and if so does anyone know of an 'invisible one?

IP Logged

jasonB
GDPR opt-out

Re: Cooker Hoods
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2008, 8:10pm

I've done a few like that, you will have to make a board to cover the opening and then cut out for the extractor, this is the type I use.

You can either run ducting all the way upto the top of the chimney or if it's on an external wall just duct out the wall at the back of the chimney flue. They will also take a charcoal filter if you want to recirculate but you need to duct the exhaust air back through the chimney breast

Jason
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2008, 8:11pm by jasonB »  

IP Logged

thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.

Total Thanks: 147
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Re: Cooker Hoods
Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2008, 10:37pm

We have fitted several as you would like, and in each case we have use a flexible flue liner up the chimney, and terminate it to the hood with either vitreous pipe or metal.

Please remember you may need fresh air vents suitable for the extractor size.

At the top you will need a weather cowl to stop water ingress.
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2008, 10:38pm by thescruff »  
Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print