Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 28th, 2024, 6:30pm
Quote: 24 hours in a day and 24 beers in a case. Hmmmm.....

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wedi Board (Read 2679 times)
gerry
GDPR opt-out

Wedi Board
Jul 30th, 2008, 8:44am

We are building a wet room and are at the tiling stage . Does anyone know if Wedi board needs to be primed before tiling adhesive is applied, or can we simply apply tiling adhesive directly to the Wedi board ?

Many thanks in Advance for your help

Gerry Knowles

IP Logged

jasonB
GDPR opt-out

Re: Wedi Board
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2008, 7:06pm

Does depend on what adhesive you are using but the correct Ardex adhesives as recommended by wedi or equivalent BAL ones will be OK straight onto the board once the joints have been taped.

Jason

IP Logged

Twobarrows
GDPR opt-out

Re: Wedi Board
Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2008, 11:07pm

Quote:
We are building a wet room and are at the tiling stage . Does anyone know if Wedi board needs to be primed before tiling adhesive is applied, or can we simply apply tiling adhesive directly to the Wedi board ?

Many thanks in Advance for your help

Gerry Knowles

Blimey, you've gone a bit far to start asking that kind of question. You really need to look at the Web pages for Wedi & whatever adhesive you are using; but please do that before you continue!!!
As an aside, some years ago I called the BAL help desk on a Saturday morning (I forget which day of the week it is as I do shift work) & was gobsmacked to not only get an answer, but someone who really knew what he was talking about!
Also, the BAL webpage will probably tell you all you SHOULD need to know...........if it's not too late

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print