Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 28th, 2024, 8:21am
Quote: Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Paint Prices!!!Mad Max should av been told!! (Read 4676 times)
birty
Trade Member

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Trade: Electrician

Paint Prices!!!Mad Max should av been told!!
Jun 3rd, 2009, 9:47am

The Mad Max trilogy was based on Petrol, It should av been on Paint!!! £23 - £33 per 5 litres. Over £5 per Litre on Dulux and Dulux 'light and space!! Thats at supposidly trade prices. Cash account at ***** Paints, Hastings... Cheeper at DIY sheds i think.
Why does the industry use the word 'TRADE'. Is it just as good- or better?
Are there any cheeper but better - or same- products out there - i.e Focus or BQ own brands??? Huh

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Zambezi
Re: Paint Prices!!!Mad Max should av been told!!
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2009, 10:37am

This the stuff I use all the time (unless customer specifies a different brand) http://www.wickes.co.uk/Trade-Emulsion-Colours/Trade-Professional-Matt-Emulsion/...
There are various colours and they do silk as well.
The do a cheaper Trade version that is also pretty good but I pay the few extra pence per litre for the pro type.
I have not compared the various Trade paints side by side. So I can't say if/how much better the pro trade is vs standard trade?

I think with a lot of painters there is a touch of brand loyalty, I know some decorators that will not even try a paint if it does not have Dulux written on the tin. I think this is the reason some brands charge as much as they do, they know that there is some mug who is willing to pay over the odds for it.
There are also some rubbish paints out there, so it is a case of trying a few different brands and seeing which one gives you the results that you are happy with...

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

CWatters

"Daddy fick it" says James

Total Thanks: 58
For This Post: 0

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2009, 8:54pm

We had our self build painted with matt and I wouldn't do it again. Not really washable at all.  The kids put their hand on the walls and it's next to impossible to remove the dirt without effecting the paint. I'll be using silk when it comes to repainting.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Zambezi
Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2009, 9:11pm

Silk is fine if there are no imperfections in the walls, it has a habit of highlighting and lumps and bumps. In theory a new build should be lump and bump free, so should be fine.
I have used Dulux Diamond washable at £10+ a litre and it washed off the first time they tried to clean off some marks!

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print