Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 20th, 2024, 11:55am
Quote: If there is a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How To Guides (Read 4757 times)
Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

How To Guides
Jul 4th, 2009, 12:27pm

As many of you have probably seen, I have intigrated the main forums menu into the top of the forum.

The reason for this is simple.

90% of our traffic originates from Google and other search engines.  The links in google direct users directly to the forum, which is indexed well due to the varied content available as an open forum.

The actual website of ours has little content currently, and has never really been developed.  This is why it does not get indexed by google etc.

I would like to add to our "How To Guides" and would be greatful to members for adding content to this.  If any member wishes to create their own "How To Guide", please let me know and I will help you with the process.  Your name will be attached to the "How To Guide".

We really appreciate any input, and would like the site to be written by our members as a resource for all.

If you can spare some time, and would like to create a "How To Guide", send me a personal message or reply to this post.

Thanks for your support.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Zambezi
Re: How To Guides
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2009, 12:43pm

I might start taking before, during and after snaps of common tasks and make a few How To Guides. I must just remember to actually do it  Roll Eyes

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Zambezi
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2009, 12:49pm

Lec you could probably put some of the guides from the particular forums into the how-to section, like the bit about lighting circuits etc. I know it is not exactly a how-to but it is what-it-should-be (if that makes any sense?)

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2009, 1:15pm

Yes, I will be doing that.

I have already put woodsmiths How to from the carpentry section up, and will do a few others.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print