Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:24am
Quote: Toilet stolen from police station. Cops have nothing to go on.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
wallpapering Around things (Read 1620 times)
Natedog

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 9
For This Post: 0

Swindon, United Kingdom
Swindon
United Kingdom

wallpapering Around things
Feb 12th, 2012, 4:26pm

"we've" decided (she's decided) that the wall up the side of the stairs needs wallpapering.  i've only ever done straight plain walls with nothing more complicated than the odd socket or lightswitch to go round.  this wall has 2 windows and some vertical heating pipes on it.

firstly the windows - should i paper the reveals, or just stop at the edge of the window recess?  can't decide what would look better

then the pipes - 2 x 15mm pipes running vertically down the wall at the bottom of the stairs.  there are 4 double plastic clips holding them to the wall.  there isn't enough free movement in the pipes to pull them to the side and remove the clips while i paper the wall.  best idea i've come up with is to start papering with the first piece of paper touching the pipe clips, so i've only just got to cut a small notch for each clip.  anyone got any better suggestions?

the reason it's getting papered is that it used to be papered many years ago, and it looks like the paper was stripped with a grinder.  ideally, the wall would be skimmed, but that's way out of our budget at the moment (my plastering only looks good once you've been over it with a belt sander!)
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2012, 6:16pm by TIMBA-WOLF »  
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print