Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:29am
Quote: Life is sexually transmitted.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
trying to source part for bi-fold wardrobe door (Read 3872 times)
bakedbean
GDPR opt-out

trying to source part for bi-fold wardrobe door
Sep 19th, 2013, 9:41pm

Hello,

I am having trouble sourcing a part for my bi-fold wardrobe. the part in question is the roller which slots into the runner along the top of the wardrobe. it differs from all the other rollers i have seen in that it attaches to the inside of the door in the same way that a standard door hinge would. all of the bi-fold kits i have seen come with rollers which attach to the top of the door. I have tried in vain to find this part. i have been advised that it came from a german company which no longer exists. i have attached some photos of the part. would you be able to suggest a supplier which might be able to supply me with such a part?

IP Logged

CWatters

"Daddy fick it" says James

Total Thanks: 58
For This Post: 0

Re: trying to source part for bi-fold wardrobe door
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2013, 10:13am

What's the problem with the one you have? Have the rollers got flats on them so they no longer rotate? If that's the problem it might be possible to find a similar size roller or make one ?  

http://www.directplastics.co.uk/?gclid=CL-eq9PU3rkCFQ_LtAodPisA5g

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

bakedbean
Re: trying to source part for bi-fold wardrobe door
Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2013, 4:32pm

when you clip the roller into the runner you turn a catch which rotates a notch which os supposed to clip the roller into the runner. the notch looks as though it isn't big enough and it fails to clip into the runner properly. i think the part is a bit cheap and nasty. basically i need a part which does exactly the same thing but which actually works. i have the same part at 4 different locations in my flat and 3 of them have done the same thing. i have heard that hafale might have such a part. i have emailed them. i imagine i might have to buy the ehole kit, runners and everything included.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print