Quote: A rock --> me <-- A hard place

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
lg gdk 34i (Read 3394 times)
davie
GDPR opt-out

lg gdk 34i
Oct 14th, 2013, 7:23pm

A customer has asked me to install their LG system , after diconnecting it and moving it themselves . I am not familiar with this system ,however I have connected the xtns ok . The problem is with their VoiceMail . The cust advises me that it was put on/off from xtn 100 by pressing the VM key . His xtn ( & presumably the whole system) is in VM mode . Does anyone know how to put VM on /off . There are no lines on the system yet --Bt didn't turn up ! Thanks for any help .

IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: lg gdk 34i
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2013, 7:40pm

Not a system I have done a lot of work on.

Have all the extensions gone back as they were, including the original phones?  His extension gone back to him (100) with HIS own phone?  Key programming could be in different places on different extensions.  you may be pressing VM, but actually pressing a key progammed for something else?

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

davie
Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2013, 7:10am

yes, th customer was x100 , and he is still x100 . Although the wiring has been cut away , when I checked his sckt , there was 1 pr on it on 2-5. , and the phone works ok , except for the vm .

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2013, 4:12pm

LG systems do only use one pair for the digital extensions (and only one pair if using SLT phones, but from a different card).

The extensions key programming etc is stored in the system, so if he has used someone elses phone, and they had the VM key programmed to a different button, his phone would not work as expected (if you see what I mean).

I assume the VM key is just a standard programmable key?  One of the LED keys on the these phones?

http://www.allcommstelecommunications.co.uk/images/lg5.jpg[/img][img]

Can't reallyt think of anything else that would disrupt the operation if not programming changes have been made, and everything has just been physical moved.  Not sure if the line not being live could perhaps affect it  Undecided

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print