Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 18th, 2024, 9:48am
Quote: A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk I have a work station...

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BT Versatility - Programming Extension Lost (Read 6946 times)
Tina Fisher

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

BT Versatility - Programming Extension Lost
Oct 21st, 2013, 10:23am

I tried to change the programming extension on the the feature phone to another extension but when I changed the extension and moved the phone it says programming refused - so I went back to the original extension it still said programming refused and the phone won't power up on any of the other extensions - how can I find out where the programming extension has gone or how can I completely reset the system.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 108

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: BT Versatility - Programming Extension Lost
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2013, 2:40pm

If you have the PC programming lead, you can use the software to re-program the programming extension.

If you have a punch down tool and a telephone socket and a little length of cable, you can punch this down on each extension in the CCU/ext ports module in turn until you find the extension you moved it to.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Tina Fisher

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2013, 2:49pm

Thanks for this - we don't have the lead or the software - are these easy to come by ?

What is a punchdown tool ? -

I did try and just swap the ports over in the main hub but none of them power the featurephone.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 108

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2013, 7:45pm

Punch down tool for sockets and the CCU connections:

The CCU has EXT terminals marked A B C D, these correspond to 2 5 1 6 on a master socket (although a secondary will work fine with a featurephone, but won't allow a standard phone to ring).

If you punch down telephone cable from ABCD to 2516, you should get a featurephone working on that ext port.  Try all eight own the main CCU, and any in the expansion ports module (if you have one).

If you don't have the programming lead, hunt for it.  BT normally leave it.  Look, under all covers on the CCU, and with your site documentation.  The software can be obtained easily enough via BT, I think there's even a download on their site these days.

There is no way to do a cold hard reset other through the programming mentor software.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print