Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 28th, 2024, 12:16pm
Quote: A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk I have a work station...

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BT Versatility Issues - Pls help! (Read 7597 times)
mounis
GDPR opt-out

BT Versatility Issues - Pls help!
Jun 30th, 2014, 9:36am

Hi

Apologies if this has been raised and answered in the forum before...I've had a look around and not had any luck diagnosing the issues with my system.

So... I've had a Basic BT Versatility system running in our office for perhaps 8 years now pretty much trouble free.

It has two ISDN2 lines coming in and two handsets linked to the system.  One is the main system handset and one is the second hunt group extension.  Both are V8 featurephones.

About a week ago we stopped being able to receive inbound calls.  On checking the handset it confirmed that there was an issue in that there was no dial tone.  Nothing.  The clock had stopped on the on screen display.

A reset was performed by pressing the little button and the system began to function again.

On Friday the system did it again and was reset before it gained functionality again.

Finally it gave up the ghost over the weekend and now nothing happens on pressing the reset button.

Of the four little status LEDs only the PWR one is glowing (red).
The other three (MPC, PRI, DSP) are all dead.

From memory,  when pressing the reset normally one (or more?) will flicker and stay on but this is not happening.

I have checked the fuses and the main power supply and everything seems fine (battery charging status is green).

On turning the power off and then on again the V8 handsets are stuck on the initialising screen.

Please could someone shine some light into my very confused little brain!

Thanks!!
Mo

ps.  The battery for back up is the original from the date of install!

IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 108
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: BT Versatility Issues - Pls help!
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2014, 4:22pm

Sounds like a goosed system.  8 years is good going a Versatility without issues!  They hate lightning, and if installed in a hot area, they are likely to fail.

It sounds like a failed main CCU to me.

Cheap enough on ebay.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

mounis
Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2014, 11:04am

Hi

Thanks ever so much!  I replaced the CCU board the system fires up with "commission system" message.

Unfortunately now the grey NTE8 unit LEDs are constantly flashing (1 x per sec) and so I'm not getting any dial tone to call out to commission the system.

I had BT put a divert on the line to another phone in the office originally and now this divert has been taken off.  Yet the LEDs flash.

I can ring between the two extensions but cant catch an outbound line.

Am I right in saying the customer ID and site access no. are the just the telephone numbers ?  If not where can I access these?

I really appreciate any help!

thanks in advance!

Mo

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 108
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2014, 12:38pm

I am assuming you need to reprogram if not already done.  Your system may not be programmed to use the ISDN lines.

The best way would be to download the old config and upload this to the new system.  The green LED's will go steady when synced.  The ISDN line cords are plugged into the correct TO sockets, and the line termination switches correct?  Copy the DIP switches on the old one.

The commission system message is only a warning, and can be removed by going into the system programming, and sending a commission call - But obviously not until you have lines working.

Do you know how to access programming?  Goto lines, equipped.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print