Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
strip light starter (Read 1760 times)
2277becky
GDPR opt-out

strip light starter
Jan 18th, 2015, 4:36pm

Hi,
   Quick question, I have a strip light in my office which has been flashing, my first instinct was to swap the bulb. When I took off the casing there were 4 bulbs, so i swapped the one which was flashing. Anyhow when I put the new bulb in it didn't work at all, even though it was the same wattage. So I have ordered a new starter, is this the right thing to do? If I remember correctly there was a white cylinder-shaped box attached by two white wires, hanging loose, as it is a strip light which is set into the ceiling the starter will not be in the same place as a standard strip light. Therefore should I assume that it will be within this white cylinder shaped thing. It just appears a lot bigger than the starter.

Thanks in advance.

Becky

IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: strip light starter
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2015, 9:47pm

What size tubes?

In 600x600 fittings, with 4 tubes, you will have 4 starters, but they will be SERIES starters.

In 600x1200 fittings, with 4 tubes, you will have 4 starters of the standard type.

It is common practice to swap all 4 lamps and all 4 starters.

The innards of these fittings can get brittle from the UV light and crumble.  The lamp holders and starter holders can become loose and drop down like yours appears to of.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print