Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 29th, 2024, 2:18am
Quote: Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Do I install p trap under floor (Read 2664 times)
JohnD
GDPR opt-out

Do I install p trap under floor
Aug 11th, 2015, 6:46pm

We are building an extension - garage and kitchen. The original plan ws to have a soil pipe going under the kitchen floor, coming out the other side and then having a p trap in the garage raised off the ground (this is 2.5 feet lower)  before going on to take the water from the roof.

However, due to the need for 1:40 - 1:80 slope, and the hight of the foundations this  just isn't working.  All the measurements are too tight for it to exit throughthe wall far enough from the corner.

Next idea is to have the storm drain come down the corner of the kitchen rear wall.  However, as storm and foul are mixed in our area  I seem to remember there whould be a p trap - what do I do, bury it under the floor? the extension is hard against our neighbour on that side so cant do much about that.

What can and cant I get away with under a floor?

At the other end of the storm pipe there will be a parapet gutter - can I put a p trap and stench pipe that end and if so how.  

thanks

john

IP Logged

thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.

Total Thanks: 147
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Re: Do I install p trap under floor
Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2015, 11:43pm

Download and read Approved Document H

What you can get away with is down to the building inspector, as it will them that signs it off

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

JohnD
Re: Do I install p trap under floor
Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2015, 12:44am

I have read part H, it is almost night time reading (!) but building control won't comment until they have seen the job!

I don't like anything under floors I can't get at, so I am just going to put in a bend for now and plan for a stench pipe and see what she says when she sees it.  I can always change it. If need be I can add a  p trap to the parapet gutter as well. At least I'll be able to get at it that way.

Thanks for the reply

John

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.

Total Thanks: 147
For This Post: 0