Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 29th, 2024, 6:38am
Quote: Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster.

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Air in central heating system (Read 12480 times)
thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.

Total Thanks: 147
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Re: Air in central heating system
Reply #17 - Jan 22nd, 2016, 12:34am

Logically if you don't bleed the radiators and theres no auto air vents then the pressure you be stable or drop if you have a leak/valve letting by etc.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

woodsmith
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 135

Trade: Joiner

Reply #18 - Jan 30th, 2016, 9:45am

A brief update!

It's been 10 days since I checked the boiler and filled the system to 1.25bar ( ch cold but hw hot).

I've had very little bubbling from the pipes and the boiler has not been making gurgling noises since I upped the pressure ( from 1 to 1.25 bar). However  when I checked the pressure today it's 1.4 bar with the system cold! So I go to the rad that is first after the boiler, bleed the air out of it ( not an enormous amount of air like it used to collect but a 10 second hiss) and when I re- check the pressure it is back down to 1.25 bar.

This makes me think there is something wrong with the boiler and somehow the pump is sucking air into the system. I think I'll get in touch with Worcester Bosch and see if they have any ideas, hopefully they have seen this before.

IP Logged

thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.

Total Thanks: 147

Trade: Plumber

Reply #19 - Jan 30th, 2016, 10:36am

Stop playing with it.

Water has oxigen and when it's heated the air is released, plus you probably had trapped air when you filled it. Its normal to get the odd 10sec squirt of air for a few months.

And the pressure is supposed to rise when the boiler is turned on, worry if it doesn't go down again when cold, or goes near the 3bar mark when the htg is on.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print