Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 20th, 2024, 2:11pm
Quote: I hate being bi-polar...its Brilliant!!!!

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
bt versatility notification of system voicemail (Read 2911 times)
courtlandkevin
GDPR opt-out

bt versatility notification of system voicemail
Jan 27th, 2016, 1:10pm

If i turn on system voice-mail, the system works and will record a message if the call isn't answered. My problem is that the only handset that lights up to notify us that there is a system voice-mail is the programming handset (ext20). This isn't much use, as this extension is located in only one office so wouldn't be noticed by anyone else in the building. Is there a way of showing the notification on all handsets, or even specific handsets, when there is a system mailbox message. WE also have personal voice-mail enabled which does show up on the individuals handset (i would be willing to loose the personal voicemail if needed, to get the notification of the main system mailbox message waiting on all the handsets. all the handsets are either v8 feature phones or vip voip phones.

IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 1

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: bt versatility notification of system voicemail
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2016, 8:35pm

Sadly not, this is a limitation of this now rather outdated system,

x20 is the only one that will receive the LED and top line text notification.  You can however access the mailbox from any extension (as you can any mailbox) by using the extension mailbox number 0 instead of an extension number.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

courtlandkevin
Re: bt versatility notification of system voicemail
Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2016, 8:55am

Thanks, that does seem like a fairly basic function missing from what is otherwise a very flexible system. Thanks for your help. I guess the only option is to move extension 20 to a more visible location.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print