Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 29th, 2024, 9:42am
Quote: Peace is a period of cheating between two rounds of fighting - Ambrose Bierce

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Building regs and advise- porch (Read 1261 times)
RichieC
GDPR opt-out

Building regs and advise- porch
Mar 15th, 2016, 10:31pm

Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
If anyone can answer my question then that will be great.
Basically I've moved into a semi detached house and the front entrance is joined with my neighbour which sticks out about 1.3m and has a flat roof.
Now my question is would I be able to make the flat roof pitched without having to get my neighbours to do the same on their side to continue it across?
The house across the road has done exactly what I want to do but it looks like they had an agreement with their neighbour to do the both.
(I have knocked but they are never in)
But if my neighbour declines then do you think I could still get planning permission to proceed or will they say that it will look 'odd' and refuse unless my neighbour agreed to the works also?
Thanks

IP Logged

woodsmith
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 135
For This Post: 0

Trade: Joiner

Re: Building regs and advise- porch
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2016, 8:27am

Without seeing it it's hard to say but I think it would look a bit odd if only one side were done. I would get your neighbour to agree or leave it alone unless it is causing you major problems. Plus you may find disturbing the roof causes your neighbours roof to leak which is bound to sour relations.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print