Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 29th, 2024, 6:35am
Quote: What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pull up shower diverter won't stay up (Read 4481 times)
Flashbang

I've been P'eeeeeeed

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Pull up shower diverter won't stay up
Mar 24th, 2016, 5:50pm

Hi
I have a thermostatic over bath shower / bath mixer tap. To divert to shower you pull up a knob and it should remain up while showering.. But it continually falls back to the bath position while showering.
We have H&C water both at mains pressure as the house uses a Megaflow HW tank and mains pressure cold water to all taps.
The only thing that reduces pressure is a Harvey's water softener but the pressure reduction is minimal.

A peg won't hold the knob up in the shower position as its too little lift to allow the divert to occur.

Can the divertor be replaced or altered to allow it to remain up?  Or are there, and as a last resort, thermostatic bath shower taps that don't use the pop up diverter method at a reasonable cost?

This is an example the type of tap http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/modern-coral-thermostatic-bath-shower-mixer-b...

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.

Total Thanks: 147
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Re: Pull up shower diverter won't stay up
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2016, 12:02am

Dont think these thing are meant to be servicable or I could never get one to bits.

Only ones I know that have a lever changeover is Bristan, Grohe etc but mega bucks.

Have you thought about teeing off the pipes and fitting a thermostatic shower valve above the Bath, should pick up one for around 50 quid.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print