Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 29th, 2024, 3:28pm
Quote: Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BT Versatility Voicemail issues (Read 2298 times)
CalumMc
GDPR opt-out

BT Versatility Voicemail issues
May 10th, 2016, 9:15pm

Hi, new to this forum but I'm seeing a lot of BT Versatility topics so hopefully someone could help, today I was at a customers site who has a BT versatility, I was doing various jobs one of which was installing a new extension on the PBX, there were clearly no spare on the terminals however found one that wasn't in use, I then removed the jumpers and put the new phone on it - worked fine, I added it to a group and that was also fine.
However when I was packing up the customer told me they could not divert their phone to voicemail, apparently it worked yesterday, the issue appears to be site-wide, they go through the menu on the phone - Divert>divert all calls>Voicemail, however voicemail is not showing up??
I don't have much experience on these systems, i've never installed only done small changes, can anyone be of assistance
Thanks
Calum

IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 108
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: BT Versatility Voicemail issues
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2016, 6:28am

Assuming you made no other programming changes, it sounds like the blue voicemail module is perhaps loose, or needs rebooting.  Do a warm system restart.  Check module is fully home.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

CalumMc
Re: BT Versatility Voicemail issues
Reply #2 - May 11th, 2016, 10:20pm

Thanks for your reply, went back to site today, somehow all the mail boxes got unticked, strange, sorted now and customer happy though!

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print