Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 25th, 2024, 6:06pm
Quote: 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BT Versatility System No Outgoing/Incoming Calls (Read 2752 times)
AlanDogg

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

BT Versatility System No Outgoing/Incoming Calls
Oct 31st, 2016, 7:59am

Hi peeps,
I'm hoping you can help shed light on my issue. I have recently purchased a BT versatility system for our biz and have installed it myself. I have 4 extensions connected and 1 external analogue line to A/B input and have 1 black cartridge installed along with 1 voice cartridge. I can make internal calls no problem via all extensions but cant make any out going calls or receive incoming calls. Every time I try to make an out going call by pressing "9" it just says busy! When we phone the landline it does not ring on the versatility system though does on the had set we phone it from! HELP! HELP!p before I bounce it towards the bin Smiley

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

AlanDogg

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0

Re: BT Versatility System No Outgoing/Incoming Calls
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2016, 7:09am

All sorted! Seems the A&B wires where not biting properly on the main pcb. Another common issue seems the cartridges for analogue and ISDN can go faulty also. Good idea to try another A&B connection out the 4 and enable that line via the program mode on phone Smiley

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: BT Versatility System No Outgoing/Incoming Calls
Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2016, 4:12pm

The line modules do fail quite often, particularly during thunder and lightning!

I have given up installing these systems as have seen too many go belly up during/after storms.  Even if it appears just the line card has failed, you often see further issues days later.  I've replaced so many systems!

You need to be wary with second user systems as so many have been removed after storm damage.

I'm no longer a fan of these Undecided  XN120,SL1100 & sv8100 are far superior and just never seem to fail! Touch wood!

I'm assuming you're using a proper punch down tool for the connections?
If you're using standard PSTN lines (via NTE5a's), you will likely need to alter the guarded clear setting too, otherwise the system hangs on to the lines to long after a call has cleared down.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print