Welcome To Ask The Trades!

Quote: If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Pressure loss (Read 2676 times)
thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.
Total Thanks: 93
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Re: Pressure loss
Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2016, 12:38pm

As above is the only painfull way.

But first isolate the boiler pipes and electric and check whether the pressure still drops over night, maybe be an internal leak and exiting via the condense pipe.

If it is the heating it maybe less disruptive to repipe the lot, if corrosion is the problem you'll eventually need to anyway.

Talking of corrosion do not keep topping the boiler up as it will only make the corrosion worse and trash the new boiler with it.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

CWatters

"Daddy fick it" says James

Total Thanks: 44

Re: Pressure loss
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2016, 9:43am

All I can suggest is isolating sections of the system and doing a pressure test on each section.

IP Logged

TrevorP

Ask The Trades
Total Thanks: 0

Pressure loss
Oct 31st, 2016, 11:41am

Few months back had new boiler and tank fitted, as weather fine did not require heating until now, but find the pressure constantly dropping, as much as 0.6bar per day.
I have checked all rad valves, boiler safety, vent, and any signs anywhere for a leak, but found none.
Am now suspecting an under floor leak, but the downstairs flooring is an asphalt screed, so my problem is finding it, has anyone any ideas? as I cannot see any damp patches yet.
Also have found that the pipework to radiators in the asphalt is not lagged, is asphalt corrosive to copper, as concrete?  
Any advise appreciated.
TP

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print