Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:59pm
Quote: The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NEW ROOF FITTER (Read 1674 times)
Monur80

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

NEW ROOF FITTER
Apr 8th, 2017, 2:31pm

I need help into raughly how much would putting a new roof cost? i know it will depends on the roof tiles i use and many other factor that might bring the price up or down however i am considering a cheaper option.

Also any good roof fitter company that anyone can recommend ?

the house is located in bolton and its an end terrce 2 bedroomed. there are no issues with access in terms of putting scaffolding.

sometimes i think since i am replacing the roof why don't i just add an attic room as it might cost me cheaper now since i am replacing the roof or am i wrong in thinking like that.

if i was to add a room with a doomer, how much money will it add on top of the roof cost?

i want to submit planning permission but i am in 2 minds.

any help will be greatly appreciated especially for those who were in my boat and the experienced once in this field.

THANK YOU

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

CWatters

"Daddy fick it" says James

Total Thanks: 58
For This Post: 1

Re: NEW ROOF FITTER
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2017, 1:49pm

Your best bet is to get some quotes from local builders. Ideally ones that family and friends have used before.

Loft conversions usually add value to the house but only if they comply with the building regulations which are quite detailed. Any _good_ builder will know and tell you what needs to be done after a site visit.

You might not need planning permission for a loft conversion (even if adding a dormer window) but you will need Building Control Approval.

Not all loft spaces can be converted

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print