Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:41pm
Quote: There are two kinds of pedestrians: the quick and the dead.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bodging garage roof (Read 2843 times)
wozzy
Trade Member

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 4
For This Post: 0

Trade: Electrician

Bodging garage roof
Aug 3rd, 2017, 9:07am

I have a garage, sold a house few years ago split the garage off when i sold it as the garage was on block and needed the storage space for all the gear that got lobbed in there at the end of self employment.  Also was thinking it might be built on one day  Wink

Any after neglecting it a bit, it getting broke into although they didnt steal much and got nicked and a massive rat in there, it is now leaking fairly badly, not loads of water going in but the water that is going in is brown sticky horrible stuff that is ruining everything in there.

I would just get a new flat roof on it but here is the problem, the garages are built as pairs, everyone else has had their roof done as a pair, and im sure the ply runs across both so no separation, the other garage and house is in the process of being sold and it taking a while, i know the sellers wont want to shell out and the new whenever they come along may not want to straight away, i dont want to wait what could be months while more gets ruined so i need to bodge it until new roof comes along.

At present it has loads of loose small stones on it i intend to sweep off and somehow seal it. Any ideas? I was thinking 10 litres of everbuild black jack its really cheap.  My dad reckons i should put adhesive down and felt it.

Any ideas?

thanks for any input

All advice is at least two years out of date.
Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

woodsmith
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 135

Trade: Joiner

Re: Bodging garage roof
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2017, 1:33pm

With a shared flat roof you are not going to be able to make any worthwhile repair to just your side, so the less money you spend patching it up the better. I would try the sealant if it's cheap and hope for the best.

IP Logged

wozzy
Trade Member

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 4

Trade: Electrician

Re: Bodging garage roof
Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2017, 5:17pm

thanks

Got hold of some of this so will be trying that saturday hopefully

http://cdn.watco.co.uk/media/products/technical/watco_uk/W090733_DS_1.pdf

All advice is at least two years out of date.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print