Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 20th, 2024, 11:40am
Quote: If there is a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Loft Aerial - Amp : no power available (Read 2489 times)
Sandy

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Loft Aerial - Amp : no power available
Aug 29th, 2017, 8:54am

Hi all, just looking for some information, but can't seem to source it fully.

Just moved into a new house (new build) and looking to connect up the aerial/tv's. 3 aerial sockets around the house (lounge, dining room and a bedroom) all fed up via standard coax into the loft, coiled up ready for me to connect to aerial.

Aerial is now installed and in the correct orientation, but I need to connect the 3 leads into 1 aerial, for which I believe I need an amp of some kind. I have no power in the loft and would prefer not to have to start looking at getting a spark in to run me a power line. Therefore, I think I've got a solution.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/labgear-line-powered-digilink-amplifier-kit-2-inputs-6...

I've read some reviews of this device and seems that it fairs pretty good, doesn't require a dedicated power supply and seems straight forward to install. F-Conn from aerial to input, then 3 feeds via more F-Conns to outputs. Am i right in thinking this is all? Nothing more required, or do I miss something basic? I'm no expert, but my thinking is that it takes the very little power it needs via the Coax feeds, is that right?

Thanks for the input.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: Loft Aerial - Amp : no power available
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2017, 4:54pm

These are very popular at the moment.  The power supply goes behind one of your TV's, and powers the dist-amp via the dedicated power input, sending 12v DC up the coax while the UHF TV signal comes down.  DC doesn't affect the TV reception.

Some TV's have a 12v output which can be turned on in the settings to power this type of thing, but most will kill the 12v when turned off, so annoying if you have 3 TV's in use.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print