Welcome To Ask The Trades!

Quote: The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Baxi Expansion Vessel substitution (Read 1379 times)
molegrip

Ask The Trades
Total Thanks: 1
For This Post: 0

Baxi Expansion Vessel substitution
Oct 11th, 2017, 5:57pm

Ok, an old chestnut...
The pressure on my old Baxi 105e drops like a stone once it reaches full temperature.  I put a jar under the outside overflow pipe and it fills up with H2O very quickly.  Suspected knackered Expansion Vessel therefore.  The only reason i can carry on using the boiler is i fitted a rigid filling loop so its easy to re-pressurize before starting up every time.  Many reasons why this is highly undesirable, not least that the system now has no inhibitor in it at all.

Three probably dumb questions - 1) if i fit an external Expansion Vessel running off a heating reaturn pipe (which i think i can do) - does that cut out the old knackered expansion vessel automatically if its still connected inside the casing ?  If the flow keeps going into the old one then i'll obviously keep losing the water.   2) - i don't get the route by which the water from the wrong side of the expansion vessel finds it way out to the overflow pipe and into my yard ?  3) And last, looking at new substitute expansion vessels i see there are ones without and ones with a whole 'Sealed System Kit', involving a manifold with a pressure gauge, pressure relief valve, and flexible hose and one-way valves etc.  Is that the better option ?  Looks complicated.

Many thanks in advance...no pressure  Grin

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print