Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 23rd, 2024, 10:35am
Quote: How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AGA with immersion booster? (Read 2268 times)
Beanzy
GDPR opt-out

AGA with immersion booster?
Aug 11th, 2004, 7:12pm

I'm posting this in the DIY section as I am a nonce when it comes to plumbing. I can stick a hose on a tap, or a straw in a can of coke and that's about it.

We have a combi boiler which does all the rads and the HW for our bath/shower room at one end of our house. We have a small immersion at the other end of the house (100ft away) which serves a shower room. In the middle is an AGA which does the HW for the kitchen and the washing machine. These don't nearly use all the hot water the AGA produces and the utilityroom with the storage tank gets very warm.

Question could we get a plumber to feed the AGA water to the small immersion tank so we can use the AGA hot water there too. Are there piping configuration / back-feeding probems we need to be aware of. I want as much info as poss so I know what to ask the plumber for and to make sure he doesn't just do it beacuse I'd like it done that way. Like I say I'm clueless about any practices and regs etc. (except for the electrical side)

It just seems a waste to run the immersion every morning for a couple of hours when there's stacks of water in the middle of the house.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2004, 7:13pm by Beanzy »  

IP Logged

thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.

Total Thanks: 147
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Re: AGA with immersion booster?
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2004, 4:06pm

No problem.

You could run a secondary circuit to the other cylinder and use that cylinder as a store.

or;

You could run primary pipes fron the Aga to an indirect cylinder at the far end.

scruff

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Beanzy
Re: AGA with immersion booster?
Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2004, 4:29pm

Ta Scruff. Reckon the first one's the likely way forward as there's already a large cylinder /stogage tank behind the AGA, the secondary one is only titchy and can be boosted by the immersion if necessary. I'll get someone out to quote in the week now I know it a likely goer.

Thanks again

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print