Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 18th, 2024, 11:38pm
Quote: Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying - Arthur C. Clarke

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Economy 7 (Read 1988 times)
Mice

pass me the BIG hammer

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Economy 7
Sep 10th, 2004, 8:11pm

Guys,
I have a few questions about economy 7,  my hot water tank has two imersion heaters in the side each supplied by a fused switch one at the bottom and one near the top.  Which one is the economy 7 heater? if i leave it on all the time will it only work when the economy 7 kicks in? would it be worth fitting a timer to switch on and off automatically?  I also have storage heaters supplied by a fused switch, will these only work when ecomomy 7 is on?
All help appreciated.

We will fix it, we will fix it
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Bahco
Re: Economy 7
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2004, 8:03pm

Your economy 7 immersion heater is the bottom one and should be wired (if done correctly) to come on via a timer at cheap rate times.
Your storage heaters should also be wired to the same circuit and set to come on with the timer.
Only appliances connected to a cheap rate meter will register as nite units and be cheaper.
Suggest you ask your electric company to check if your supply has the correct meters to take advantage of E7 Smiley

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print