Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 19th, 2024, 12:00am
Quote: My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
c&g 2381 2391 (Read 5302 times)
supra59
GDPR opt-out

c&g 2381 2391
Oct 12th, 2004, 10:17pm

when you pass the 2381 2391 does this allow you to carry out new instalation test periodic tests etc and give a cert or do you have to be nic registerd ,forgetting the new part p for the moment. thanks supra

IP Logged

LSpark
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 3
For This Post: 0

London, UK, United Kingdom
London, UK
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: c&g 2381 2391
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2004, 10:24pm

Yes, but once part p comes in you would need to be NIC or other approving body  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2004, 10:24pm by LSpark »  
Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

dingbat
Trade Member

How hard can it be?

Total Thanks: 2

Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2004, 11:42pm

Tests on new installations are the responsibility of the installation contractors and if you work to 7671 then you must issue certification for all but maintenance jobs (replacing socket plates, etc) anyway. You need no qualifications in order to do this and Part P does not change this requirement, it simply makes most domestic electrical installation work notifiable to Building Control

Part P does not include periodics inspection reports.

In theory you actually need no formal qualifications in order to carry out a periodic, although without a 2391 you might be hard put to prove your competence should you need to. In practice, however, the kind of organisations that might routinely ask for PIR's (Councils, Insurers, etc) have already been got at and may insist that you are a NICEIC Approved Contractor anyway. (But it still has nowt to do with Part P)

IP Logged

LSpark
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

London, UK
United Kingdom

Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2004, 11:45pm

Seems hard to believe that, one org says one thing, another says something else, I cannot describe in words how thoroughly annoyed, frustrated, and bored I am of all this cr4p!  Roll Eyes Angry

IP Logged

dingbat
Trade Member

How hard can it be?

Reply #4 - Oct 13th, 2004, 12:17pm

[quote author=L.Spark  link=1097615821/0#3 date=1097621159]Seems hard to believe that, one org says one thing, another says something else, I cannot describe in words how thoroughly annoyed, frustrated, and bored I am of all this cr4p!  Roll Eyes Angry [/quote]

What's brought this on, LS? As far as I can see the bodies involved in the whole Part Pooh business are all saying the same thing, but saying it in such a way as to make it look like they are the only option. But an awful lot of sparks are making up their own conclusions and promulgating those as facts.

What is it that you're not sure of?
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2004, 12:17pm by dingbat »  
IP Logged

supra59
Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2004, 7:32pm

thanks for the answers does this also apply to industrial
or is it different i no part p is not apart of industrial work as yet thanks in advance supra

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

dingbat
Trade Member

How hard can it be?

Reply #6 - Oct 13th, 2004, 11:18pm

You should actually read the approved document yourself, rather than rely on second-hand interpretations, but generally speaking, Part P applies only to 'dwellings'.

To some people 'industrial' might simply mean working on a large scale building site. If it's living accommodation then the Building Regulations apply... and Part P is Part P of the Building Regulations

IP Logged

LSpark
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

London, UK
United Kingdom

Reply #7 - Oct 14th, 2004, 12:03am

[quote author=dingbat  link=1097615821/0#4 date=1097666240]

What's brought this on, LS? As far as I can see the bodies involved in the whole Part Pooh business are all saying the same thing, but saying it in such a way as to make it look like they are the only option. But an awful lot of sparks are making up their own conclusions and promulgating those as facts.

What is it that you're not sure of?
[/quote]

Well maby I have just seen it differently than how it is or prehaps got the wrong end of the stick  Undecided

anyway im fed up of it all now, as are most of us..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print