Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 16th, 2024, 5:18pm
Quote: They begin the evening news with 'Good Evening' - Then proceed to tell you why it isn't

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A flight of fancy??? (Read 2776 times)
spongebob
GDPR opt-out

A flight of fancy???
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:49pm

Currently live in a 3 bed semi, probably 50/60 years old. With two small kids it doesn't seem big enough. The possible options, other than move to a larger place, are a loft conversion (play room not habitable) or a single storey extension to the rear of the property. Neither are within my capability but I'd like to understand a bit more of what's involved in either project. Are there any decent books or terms of reference I could consult. This is probably a flight of fancy cos if I get the six numbers on the lottery I'll just send the ankle biters off to boarding school, but failing that I do think that it is something to be addressed in the future.

IP Logged

spongebob
GDPR opt-out

Re: A flight of fancy???
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2004, 11:09pm

So........I take it that there are absolutely no books or terms of reference anywhere in the world where I may gain a bit of an insight into the world or loft conversions or extensions. Ah well........back to Razzle. 8)

IP Logged

JerryD
GDPR opt-out

Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2004, 12:12am

These are such huge subjects there must be loads of books about, do a search on the Amazon website, surely something will come up?

Anything you specifically want to know in the meantime, just ask.

IP Logged

Robbo
GDPR opt-out

Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2004, 11:56am

The house builders bible by Mark Brinkley may be a good reference guide . Take care that anything you buy from Amazon is not tailored towards the American market or it wont be of much use to you

IP Logged

spongebob
GDPR opt-out

Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2004, 11:04pm

Thanks for the replies guys.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print