Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 19th, 2024, 3:40pm
Quote: A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stippler Brush (Read 5018 times)
Bayden_Rank
GDPR opt-out

Stippler Brush
Aug 15th, 2006, 3:22pm

Hi my late father in law was a top class decorator of many years (which is probably why I am cr*p as he would always volunteer sometimes before we wanted it done).
Point is that I have come across what I think is an old stippling brush of his and want to send it to a good home - if it is wanted.  No money wanted just better than chucking it. It has two handles that are interchangeable one being a small bowed handle and one a longer straight handle that run at right angles to the bristles (one screw missing).  Made, I think, by J R Lee Ltd and has the number 23.
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2006, 4:21pm by Bayden_Rank »  

IP Logged

JerryD
GDPR opt-out

Re: Stippler Brush
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2006, 5:15pm

Quote:
..............................(one screw missing)............................

I know the feeling  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bayden_Rank
GDPR opt-out

Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2006, 5:58pm

Quote:
Quote:
..............................(one screw missing)............................

I know the feeling  Roll Eyes
And there was me thinking it was just the one that was loose in your case Jerry Wink

IP Logged

corablimey
GDPR opt-out

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2006, 4:44pm

Its nice of you to offer Bayden, but I would never use the stippling brush, of course I come across artex ceilings all the the time that I have to repair cracks etc, but I always manage to blend either the stipple or the swirlys effect into the ceiling with an ordinary small dry stiff paintbrush. Smiley

If your throwing away a classy 'hamilton'  Wink Paperhanging brush, then by all means throw it my way lol.

I went to buy one the other day, as have had my old 'hamilton'  Grin for years, and needed a new one, near fell through the floor when the shop gave me the price, didnt buy it in the end, still using whats left of the old one.

IP Logged

Bayden_Rank
GDPR opt-out

Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2006, 10:52pm

Quote:
Its nice of you to offer Bayden, but I would never use the stippling brush, of course I come across artex ceilings all the the time that I have to repair cracks etc, but I always manage to blend either the stipple or the swirlys effect into the ceiling with an ordinary small dry stiff paintbrush. Smiley

If your throwing away a classy 'hamilton'  Wink Paperhanging brush, then by all means throw it my way lol.

I went to buy one the other day, as have had my old 'hamilton'  Grin for years, and needed a new one, near fell through the floor when the shop gave me the price, didnt buy it in the end, still using whats left of the old one.
Sorry Cora you are not getting your hands on my Hamiltons (3) Wink This brush is for stippling the glaze over a finish and would not in my opinion be suitable for Artex (spits).
Looks a bit like this:
http://www.tryrelics.co.uk/images/product/WSBB.pjpeg
and now I have found out how much they might cost I may just hang on to it Wink http://www.tryrelics.co.uk/catalogue/G/02
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2006, 10:53pm by Bayden_Rank »  

IP Logged

hammy
Trade Member

Deep joy

Total Thanks: 8
For This Post: 0

Trade: Decorator

Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2006, 5:30pm

I used to use one of those years ago. After applying egshell paint with a brush, we used to stipple it to get rid of any brushmarks and give a uniform finish.

Sometimes we would paint glass and then stipple it. Not allowed now I think.

Ah, the good ol days.  Roll Eyes

Deep joy
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

hammy
Trade Member

Deep joy

Total Thanks: 8
For This Post: 0

Trade: Decorator

Reply #6 - Aug 17th, 2006, 5:32pm