Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 19th, 2024, 11:08am
Quote: History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it - Sir Winston Churchill

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
decorating with stain block (Read 3625 times)
tessypc
GDPR opt-out

decorating with stain block
Feb 13th, 2011, 10:46am

Water leaked from my tank in the attic - thankfully my son turned off the supply and opened up the taps so damage was limited to cosmetic. Now the insurers want to completely redecorate.

This same thing happened 3 years ago and it was a nightmare. It is a 1930s house and the walls are wallpapered. All the affected wallpaper and coving were replaced 3 years ago and they are totally sound. The stains in the lounge are quite lightly stained - can't often notice them at all - the others in the hall and landing and bedroom are more orangey (all on cream or white painted paper).

My question is - would stain block work please? Do I have to have the entire place re-papered with all the upheaval all over again, especially as the company have said that I have to move all the furniture out myself and that is impossible for me to do as a woman on her own!!!  

Thanks

IP Logged

Joiner
Trade Member

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 7
For This Post: 0

Bridgnorth, Shropshire, England
Bridgnorth, Shropshire
England

Trade: Joiner

Re: decorating with stain block
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2011, 1:37pm

I've successfully used stainblock in similar circumstances. If there is evidence of mould though, first wipe over with a dilute solution of bleach and leave to dry for a couple of days.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

tessypc
Re: decorating with stain block
Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2011, 5:20pm

Thanks, I will have a go!

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print