Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 19th, 2024, 4:18pm
Quote: A clean desk is a sign of a cluttered desk drawer.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Adding additional pir to Veritas 8 alarm (Read 7239 times)
zuki69
GDPR opt-out

Adding additional pir to Veritas 8 alarm
Jun 21st, 2013, 8:38am

Hello all

right straight away sorry if this is a stupid question but....

i would like to add an additional zone to our alarm, i think its an R8

Do i just open an existing PIR an copy the wiring back to the alarm box?

the alarm currently has 4 zones installed.

is it just a case of powering down the alarm (via mains & battery) connect new pir up an power everything back up?

thanks..

IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 1

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: Adding additional pir to Veritas 8 alarm
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2013, 5:33pm

Using 6 core alarm cable from panel to PIR, you connect the alarm pair in the PIR to a spare zone in the panel, removing the link that will be shorting those terminals out.  The tamper pair will go in series with the other zones on the global tamper inside the panel.  The power pair will pickup from the 12v +/- inside the panel.

Colour choice is yours to be honest, there is no standard, and all alarm co's use different color schemes - best to stick to whats been done at yours though to be consistent.

Remove mains power from panel to be safe inside the panel when working, but leave battery connected.  No need to power down.  The alarm will sound when removing the panels cover, unless you enter engineer mode on the keypad (but doubt you know the engineers code?)

Once wired, you would need to configure the zone.  You more than likely want it as default, so you may find it is already configured for your needs.  If so, you wont need to access the engineer menu to change anything.

Image 198   

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

zuki69
Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:48am

Fantastic thanks Lectrician!

i will be hopefully working on this today, i have a feeling its still on the default engineers code of 1234?

i have purchased a Texecom Mirage (dual technology) pir which according to the leaflet that came with it has 8 screw terminals as appose to 6 in your picture?

it has x2 tamp, x2 alarm, 12v, 0v, LA and RL

will i need to do something the LA & RL terminals? or is it safe to ignore them..

really do appreciate your help thanks

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 1

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2013, 1:35pm

The RL "Remote LED" should be usually left unconnected. If you connect it to a perm 12+ source, the walk test LED on the detector will be disabled (required on a graded alarm to prevent people from "testing out" where the detector can see).

The LA "Latch" should be usually left unconnected.  It is used if you have no spare zones and are tagging this detector onto a zone with another detector.  It allows one of the detectors to "latch" their LED indicator on, so out of the two detectors on the same zone, you know which one was triggered.  You wont require this.

So, leave RL and LA empty.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

zuki69
Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2013, 8:48am

Fantastic!!

cheers, thats helped loads.

i opened the panel last night (the alarm went off) just to have a look at the wiring, an it is as you said.

thanks very much!!

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print