Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 18th, 2024, 11:19pm
Quote: I almost had a psychic girlfriend, ..... but she left me before we met.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BT Versatility Voicemail not clearing the line (Read 2274 times)
SeanC
GDPR opt-out

BT Versatility Voicemail not clearing the line
Nov 18th, 2013, 1:09pm

Hello,

I’ve recently installed a BT Versaitilty PABX with two PSTN lines & Voicemail at our business and it all seems ok except that I have a problem with one of the two PSTN lines.

One of the settings I’ve had to change is to turn off the Guarded Clear setting on both lines. The problem is that both lines appear to work ok and you can make and receive calls fine. However on one line if an incoming call is answered by the Voicemail then when the caller hangs up, the PABX is not detecting this and holding onto the line. I’ve swapped the lines over at the master sockets and the fault follows the line so I know my wiring and the PABX is not at fault.

The only other thing is the problem line has ADSL enabled but I’m connecting through a filter at all times (at the engineering socket). This line does seem to have more background noise on it and I’m wondering if this is causing the PABX a problem? I’ve tried turning on Guarded Clear but then neither line is released at any time. I’m thinking that the solution would be to ask our telecom provider to designate these as proper business lines which I believe would mean that I would need Guarded Clear enabled as the characteristics on the line changes? Or I could see if they would investigate the background noise issue?

Any suggestions / recommendations would be appreciated.

Regards

Sean

IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: BT Versatility Voicemail not clearing the line
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2013, 5:28pm

You are correct, ideally you would be connecting PSTN lines which have been supplied specifically for PBX use.  These lines are configured a little differently at the exchange.  However, I believe you will not be provided with ADSL on these types of lines  Undecided

I assume these two lines must be separate with separate numbers?  Not a main line and auxiliary line on the same number?  You can't normally have ADSL on these lines either.

If the line is noisy, this can upset guarded clear.  Try swapping the filters etc.  If this doesn't cure it, report the noisy line and see if they will change the gain on the line or locate the fault causing this.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print