Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 20th, 2024, 1:49pm
Quote: Where exactly are the four corners of the earth?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Baxi 105e hot water problem.. (Read 3123 times)
treesypeesy
GDPR opt-out

Baxi 105e hot water problem..
Dec 14th, 2013, 11:24am

Hi guys, now listen, please don't judge me I am a single parent with little dollar who is just trying to do her best!!!
Ok so my problem is I just moved into a new house with a baxi combi boiler 105e, I mean its so long since I lived in a house with central heating I couldn't even figure out how to turn the heating on and fire the thing up..SO.... as everything else had been turned off ie stop cock etc, I looked at taps underneath and turned all of them on.. and then tried hot water and was met with this god awful shaking and rattling, yes in hindsight I had turned the supply on that increases the bar pressure, duh, first problem...
Anyways the boiler fires up ok for the heating, but the hot water is not kicking in with or without the heating on.. no light where the tap is.. so via google etc I figure its probably the diaphragm and buy and replace that easily (the diaphragm was damaged).. when I turn taps on now the tap light comes on the boiler fires up but still no hot water.. and the flames die after 20 seconds or so and then come back on etc... meanwhile the temperature lights are going up and up.. So next I figure it could be the thermistor and replace that easily enough..
NOW I am left with boiler firing up, occasionally flames die, but still no hot water, mostly none, sometimes a little, sometimes tepid..
My question is what is the most likely thing I damaged when overpressurizing it, is there anything else I can do/try, or do I have to eat into Christmas budget and call someone out??
If you made it this far and haven't fallen asleep I would really appreciate any advice x

IP Logged

thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.

Total Thanks: 147
For This Post: 1

Trade: Plumber

Re: Baxi 105e hot water problem..
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2013, 1:21pm

Hi,

Worth mentioning if it's a rented accommodation it's the landlords problem.

Do you know a good RGI friend/family that can check the boiler for you, whats your location we may know a good guy that covers your area

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

treesypeesy
Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2013, 1:40pm

hey there, no its not rented, I am in the PL24 area, Cornwall x

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.

Total Thanks: 147
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2013, 10:30am

Hi,

Sorry don't know anyone in the St Austell PC.

It could be anything including a blocked Plate HX so need to do a few checks  to avoid part changing unfortunately.

It may be worth asking Baxi how much for a fixed price repair.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print