Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 16th, 2024, 5:04am
Quote: Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying - Arthur C. Clarke

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fused Switches (Read 1898 times)
Footstool
GDPR opt-out

Fused Switches
Dec 8th, 2014, 11:52am

Hi all,

Refurbished my bathroom, took out a power shower and freed up a 32A circuit.
Added a fused switch to serve a radiator heater element (3A) and put it outside the bathroom.
I would like to add a powered speaker (SONOS Play1) in the bathroom. It would be wall mounted in a top corner, with the wiring passing through the wall to the outside corridor.
Can I add another fused switch by running from the supply in the first switch ? If not, what is the best way to configure this very small circuit ? I want both items to be switchable, and independent of each other.
Many thanks

IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 108
For This Post: 1

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: Fused Switches
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2014, 5:33pm

What size cables are using?

If you used 2.5mm cable(and the existing was 2.5mm or larger), and linked the two fused spurs together, as long as the MCB was swapped to a 20amp, you would be fine.  Obviously RCD protection is required (not just MCB).

Bathrooms are also a notifiable location, and you should not be carrying out work there without notifying building control before you start, or paying a self certifying electrician.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print