Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 29th, 2024, 4:36am
Quote: A rock --> me <-- A hard place

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PAINTED OVER WALLPAPER - STRANGE MARKS (Read 1957 times)
bpj44
GDPR opt-out

PAINTED OVER WALLPAPER - STRANGE MARKS
Sep 8th, 2016, 9:52am

Hi

My names Rob and I hope an expert here can solve a mystery for me. I recently painted over some old wallpaper and I must confess I didn't do the right preparation work I've since read about. However the paint has gone on really well and looks great apart from one small area. It's on the wall just above my bed pillows. I first thought that maybe my head was rubbing against the wall and causing it but I have moved the bed, painted over the marks again but they always reappear after a day or so. I have painted over the marks 3 times now and back they come.

I've attached photos which I hope are clear enough.

It baffles me that it's just in this one spot. If I can't resolve it I'll just have to buy a headboard I guess to hide it.

I'd be most grateful for any help.

I ope you can access my gallery pictures via this message if not please let me know.

Cheers
Rob

Image 1Image 2

IP Logged

woodsmith
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 135
For This Post: 0

Trade: Joiner

Re: PAINTED OVER WALLPAPER - STRANGE MARKS
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2016, 10:54pm

Very difficult to see from the picture, but you say this is at the head of the bed. I wonder if anyone has sat in bed and rested their head on the wall, that would likely create a grease mark on the wall which could be invisible until it was painted.

You could use a stain block paint to cover the mark or ( if you have used a vinyl mat paint) use a sugar soap solution to remove the paint in that area and then repaint.
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2016, 10:55pm by woodsmith »  
Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print