Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 19th, 2024, 9:47pm
Quote: To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk - Thomas Edison

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Noisy pipework from upstairs flat? (Read 2008 times)
jazzyman

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Noisy pipework from upstairs flat?
Jun 8th, 2017, 12:14pm

Looking for advice or any suggestions of a cure?

I live in a downstairs flat property owned by a housing association. Recently the flats had some upgrades, new kitchens, bathrooms and new plumbing pipework. Previously there was no noise when the flat above ran any water. After the upgrades when a tap is run upstairs the noise in the flat below (mine) is very noisy sounds a bit like jet engine!

What I believe has happened is that the old pipe which was previously attached to the wall has been relocated to under the floorboards, therefor the pipe work is directly above our ceiling.

Due to the neighbour above likes to use his washing machine around 6.00am it's a bit of a nightmare.

Is it normal procedure to place water pipes under floorboards in flat type properties?

If the housing association was contacted would there be a cure?  lagging pipes or something?

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

thescruff
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Who said plumbing was
easy.

Total Thanks: 147
For This Post: 0

Trade: Plumber

Re: Noisy pipework from upstairs flat?
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2017, 8:35am

Sounds like high water pressure and small pipes.You should certainly get on the housing guys backs and make a complaint.

Yes it's normal to put pipes under floors and they shouldn't be a problem.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print