Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 18th, 2024, 11:59am
Quote: A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Three Way Lamp Mystery (Read 2119 times)
Scubadvr2001

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Three Way Lamp Mystery
Sep 16th, 2017, 6:05pm

I brought 2 three way lamps from the US to London 8 years ago and was not able to utilise the 3 way function because there are no 3 way bulbs in the UK.  I recently purchased a Philips 55 watt halogen dimmable bulb, inserted it into the lamp and now have a lamp that produces two levels of brightness. My wife was very happy!  I am using a US to UK adapter on the wire plug. Now the mystery - I purchased a couple of new 3 way lamps from the U.S. and shipped them to France.  Instead of using an adapter, I decided to replace the US plugs with French plugs.  I took the Philips bulb from London to France, inserted it into the lamp and I do not get a lamp that produces two levels of brightness.  It only produces one level.  Does anyone know how to fix this issue so that I get a lamp in France that produces two levels of brightness?  Thank you.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

CWatters

"Daddy fick it" says James

Total Thanks: 58
For This Post: 0

Re: Three Way Lamp Mystery
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2017, 12:29pm

Quote:
I recently purchased a Philips 55 watt halogen dimmable bulb, inserted it into the lamp and now have a lamp that produces two levels of brightness.

Is that designed to be a three way bulb? eg it's got three electrical contacts on the end?

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print