Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:37pm
Quote: Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are foosteps on the moon - Paul Brandt

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BT Versatility Commission System - XML file (Read 5986 times)
phonejack

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

BT Versatility Commission System - XML file
Jun 11th, 2018, 11:20pm

Hi - I cant remove the "commission system" message from a Versatility phone system. The call to RACE doesn't work. Can anyone tell me which part of the XML file to edit to remove this message? I've tried modifying some of the code in the XML but cant get rid of the message. Thanks.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 108

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Re: BT Versatility Commission System - XML file
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2018, 7:16am

I will see if I can dig out my notes on this.  The call to the BT race system was still working last year, so must be something recently decommissioned by BT.

I have not worked on the Versatility for sometime now.  They tend to get ripped out these days.  Notorious for failing during thunder storms Sad

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

phonejack

Ask The Trades

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2018, 10:36pm

Hi thanks. So I'm not sure if the race system is decommissioned but my system doesn't seem to be able to connect.  I am using an analogue line card - I presume race must have worked with both analogue and isdn.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

phonejack

Ask The Trades

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2018, 7:26pm

Hi - I cant believe this but I tried the commissioning call again tonight and it worked. The commission system message has gone. I have tried this over the last couple of years with several systems and none have worked. So thanks for your input. It would be interesting though if anyone knows how to edit the xml file.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2018, 8:19pm

I need to dig out my old laptop to look.  All my older systems are on that.

It did used to take two or three consecutive attempts dialling out.

IP Logged

Antony

Ask The Trades

Reply #5 - Jul 31st, 2018, 3:58pm

Hi,

Phonejack posted:

"Hi - I cant believe this but I tried the commissioning call again tonight and it worked. The commission system message has gone. I have tried this over the last couple of years with several systems and none have worked. So thanks for your input. It would be interesting though if anyone knows how to edit the xml file."

Please write, how to call the commissioning system.

I think:

Connecting to the analogue line the syetem (Line1).

1. Program
2. System programming
3. 1111
4. System
5. Scroll to commission call
6. Confirm

This is the correct procedure?

Thank you

Tony

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

oh_oh_seven

Ask The Trades

Reply #6 - Jul 30th, 2020, 5:20pm

I'm having the same issue as the original poster.

I installed a secondhand BT Versatility system probably 5 years ago in my garage business and I never saw the Commission System message then.

Recently we had a fault with it that I traced to a faulty motherboard which completely died after I power reset it! I replaced it with one from a spare system that I bought for this scenario. Restored the backup and it seemed to work ok except for the Commission System message on the main extension. I have tried the RACE call but that does nothing other than return you to the same menu.

Having read above that its possible to edit the config XML file, I'm looking to find some more information on that. Can anyone help?

Also do I need the Engineering version of the software to do this? I only have the standard programming version and I would like to get hold of a copy of the Engineering version if someone could send it to me so I can check and reflash the firmware to the latest version.

Many thanks in anticipation Smiley

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Reply #7 - Jul 31st, 2020, 6:34am

Sorry, I haven’t worked on these for ages.  

I have the engineering software, but V2.  Last revision was V5 I think.

I can remember finding the part to change in the XML file, but can’t find my notes any longer.

I recall it used to take several attempts to remove the message via dialling out, but there is a high change BT have killed that service though.

If you uploaded your backup XML, I would of thought that would have cleared the commission message, unless it is tied to the CPU hardware number.  If that’s the case, I would be searching the XML file for the hardware number  Smiley

IP Logged

oh_oh_seven

Ask The Trades

Reply #8 - Aug 10th, 2020, 3:27pm

Thank you for the reply.

I did locate the correct line in the xml file and compared it to my old system backup which had assigned a value of 1 to it where as the replacement said 0. Edited and copied the XML file back into the phone system but message was still displaying. Did a backup and it read back as 0 again Sad I even tried doing a soft reset after copying it over without any difference.

One thing I noticed was the firmware in this replacement system seems quite an old version, possibly 802. I have no idea what the original one was at but the replacement doesn't work as well. On the old system when you put a call on hold, the line key would flash so when you went to another extension you could see the line key flashing a pick the call up. On the replacement system the line key only flashes on the original extension and you can't pick it up at another extension. The only way to do it is transfer the call properly. I've checked all the settings and I can't find anything connected with this and/or that is different from the original system backup. I'm wondering if I need a newer version of the firmware flashing into it.

If it's possible would you be able to upload/send me the version of the engineering software you have? I have some firmware files, just not the method to update the system.

Many thanks.

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print