Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 19th, 2024, 10:05pm
Quote: If you can think of a random quote - Let us know!!

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Polished Concrete flooring (Read 811 times)
RobRob

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Polished Concrete flooring
Jul 20th, 2019, 1:15pm

Hello,
Would love some advice on how to overcome some obstacles.
I have a concrete floor that slopes at quite a gradient. It has about 100mm / 5” drop from corner to corner.
Dimensions of room, 6m x 8m
The highest point is at the correct finished height, this will have to be chopped out to allow for a new top layer of concrete, but how deep do I have to go?
The existing pad is pretty thick and has no cracks, so does the strength all add up together, or is each layer separate strengths. will it delaminate?
Is a liquid Dpm recommended between the two layers of concrete or plastic sheet? I can’t say if there is a Dpm at all (house built in 18thC, concrete done 30 years ago maybe)

I will have to build in two steps down to the back door as well, I have no idea how to do that.

Will be running mains water pipes and electrical conduit under the floor as well. What is minimum depth for these?

And advice on polishing the concrete and applying a finish will be welcome. I’ve limited experience laying concrete. My 36m2 garage floor is still looking good but for in the house I will be a bit more demanding of myself.

Thank you in advance (especially from my long suffering wife)
Rob & Janine

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print