Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Mar 29th, 2024, 3:07pm
Quote: Why is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Infestation Of Woodlice... (Read 1483 times)
Helen89

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Infestation Of Woodlice...
Sep 22nd, 2019, 10:25pm

Hi

So me and my partner have recently bought our first home!

After living in it for a few months, we have been gaining a deeper understanding of the minor issues that have come along with it...

Having noticed dampness to the bottom of the stairs, and suddenly having an infestation of woodlice appear in both our bedroom and and at the bottom of the stairs, we delved further to investigate...

We have sealed around out windowsill in the bedroom, and found we had a small hole in the roof where the flashing had come away, this has now been repaired...

However it also seems a leak had been occurring for sometime and has caused damage to the floorboards and joist. When I looked closer, I noticed next doors guttering drain was also blocked, causing the excess water to run onto our property... Again this has now been resolved but I feel that the stairs area may need to be damp proofed before any further work is undertaken?

I need the bugs to stop!!

Thanks

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

woodsmith
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 135
For This Post: 0

Trade: Joiner

Re: Infestation Of Woodlice...
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2019, 8:06am

Woodlice love damp rotten wood so it sounds like the water penetration has been going on for a while and has affected some of the timber in the house. You need to find the extent of the damage, thoroughly dry the area, and replace all the affected timber.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print