Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 19th, 2024, 1:22am
Quote: To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk - Thomas Edison

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
simple problem with vinyl siding (Read 1595 times)
HowBrow

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

simple problem with vinyl siding
Oct 18th, 2019, 11:51am

Hi
I think this might be a simple question, but none of the online guides really deal with this. Say I'm going to put siding between a window and the corner of my house, and the distance between them is only two feet. So I've got the corner post to slide one end of the siding into, and the J trim to slide the other end into, but unless I use two very short pieces about a foot long only, how can I wedge ONE piece that is just a little longer than the width (2 feet) because it has to fit inside the corner post and the J trim. So if I want to put one single piece that is 2 feet and 1 inch long, inside a space that, from the outside is only two feet wide (so, one inch shorter than my piece) how do I do that? And each additional piece also has to "snap" up from underneath against the piece below. Anybody know the answer, or where I can find the answer on line? Thanks

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

woodsmith
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 135
For This Post: 0

Trade: Joiner

Re: simple problem with vinyl siding
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2019, 2:42am

Some siding will flex enough even on a 2ft length to spring into the channels, otherwise the front face of the channel is often flexible enough to pull out of the way. You would need to try a sample piece ideally on a warm day or at least warm the plastic up. I assume you are in the USA, there should be loads of YouTube videos on how to do this.

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print