Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
Apr 25th, 2024, 9:34am
Quote: Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cold water storage tank constantly filling (Read 1272 times)
Malbrow

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Cold water storage tank constantly filling
Aug 1st, 2022, 2:28am

Hi, looking for advice or solutions.

I rent a top floor flat in a 6 block. The water storage tank in the attic is constantly flowing causing noise from above and water running in the pipes to downstairs. I recently came across the same problem at the girlfriends flat and it turned out the neighbours toilet flush was loose and causing it to drain.

I have a huge gut feeling I have the same problem. Unfortunately my neighbour isn’t the type to interact with. They are away for a week or 2 at a time, only to come back for a day here and there to ‘party’ until early hours of the morning. It was the last time they were in when this problem started and they haven’t been back.

Due to me renting, the access to the loft in the stair is locked and I have no idea who can even get to it anyway. The noise is bearable for now but I worry about it causing problems mainly.

Any advice appreciated

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

woodsmith
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 135
For This Post: 1

Trade: Joiner

Re: Cold water storage tank constantly filling
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2022, 8:46am

You could have a word with the landlord but it’s probable that, if they have been away since the last party, someone has left a tap running and it will be resolved once they come back. If you are on water meters someone is going to get a big bill which may make them more careful in future.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2022, 8:47am by woodsmith »  
Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print