Ask The Trades
DIY Forum >> DIY - Plumbing Questions >> Shower mixer valve

Message started by JOH on Jul 19th, 2018, 10:42am

Title: Shower mixer valve
Post by JOH on Jul 19th, 2018, 10:42am

Hi I need to replace my shower mixer valve in my static caravan as it is leaking. It is not thermostatic controlled but I would like to replace it with a thermostatic one.
My pipes are vertical and are 1500mm apart.
I have looked online for a vertical valve but they only seem to come with 450mm centres.
Do you know where I could get a vertical valve that has 1500mm centres, or would it be ok to fit a horizontal 1500mm one in a vertical position?

Title: Re: Shower mixer valve
Post by thescruff on Jul 19th, 2018, 9:49pm

Hi, unlikely to find any valve with 1500 centers, however a small problem as I think you may have one to many 0 and really mean 150mm.

The Triton bar showers have offset spigots that will swivel down to 150 (6").

Can you post a make/model of the existing or a pic please.

I'll see what I can find, is there a cost range?

Title: Re: Shower mixer valve
Post by CWatters on Jul 20th, 2018, 8:42am

Can't vouch for the quality but Triton have several that are 150mm apart. Just one example..

Edit: Ah I see thescruff already mentioned Triton.

Title: Re: Shower mixer valve
Post by londonman on Jul 20th, 2018, 7:43pm

All the valves I've ever fitted have been on 150mm centres.

Ask The Trades » Powered by YaBB 2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.