Welcome To Ask The Trades!

Quote: A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
cable ties (???) (Read 340 times)
Global Moderator
Trade Member

Posts: 4161
Total Thanks: 78
For This Post: 0

Gender: male

Trade: Joiner

Re: cable ties (???)
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2017, 11:39pm
If you search for "wire rope fixings" I think you will find what you need.
Back to top
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged
Junior Member

Ask The Trades
Posts: 17
Total Thanks: 0
For This Post: 0

Outlane, United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Gender: male

cable ties (???)
Mar 16th, 2017, 3:59pm
Hi. I sank two anchor points in my garden wall so that I could attach a plastic clothes line to each one from where the two clothes line were anchored.

At both garden wall anchor points I attached the clothes lines by means of a clamp. The clamp is in two parts; on the top part there are two holes. Each clothes line goes in through one hole, around a column between the holes and then out through the other hole. The bottom part is a plate which is then tightened by nuts on the two bolts until the clothes line is totally secure.

I need to replace them but I can't remember the blasted technical name for the clamps. They're needed because you can't tie a strong knot in plastic clothes lines. I've also seen them used on small diameter metal cables too.

Have I painted a picture so that one of you kind guys can tell me the name please?

Living in hope that you'll come good, as you always do!! Smiley

Back to top
Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print